Continuing Duck Problem

gret

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 5, 2013
I have the two Pekin and two Khaki Campbell ducks. They are all males and are over 2 years old. I have had issues with them fighting so I separated the breeds. I have since then made their run larger and they are fighting worse then ever. Is it possible that they have too much room? Should I make the pen smaller again and see if it helps? Last fall it got to the point that my Khaki Campbell was missing feathers from the others pecking and attacking him. They all seem to want to be together but they hurt each other when they are together.

I have the two Pekin and two Khaki Campbell ducks. They are all males and are over 2 years old. I have had issues with them fighting so I separated the breeds. I have since then made their run larger and they are fighting worse then ever. Is it possible that they have too much room? Should I make the pen smaller again and see if it helps? Last fall it got to the point that my Khaki Campbell was missing feathers from the others pecking and attacking him. They all seem to want to be together but they hurt each other when they are together.

Keep them separated during this time of year. once fall comes around and testosterone wanes they can most likely be together again. Usually from early spring to fall is when the drakes are at their worst with other drakes.

Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom