Convex Safety Mirror in Coop and RUn

ShotgunDog

Chirping
Mar 27, 2023
Middle GA, USA
I have a two 'chicken cams" (security cameras)--one in my chicken run and another in the coop. With both cameras,, no matter how I place them, I end up with a corner/blind spot that I cannot see with the camera. I am thinking about getting a pair of convex (not concave and plastic, not glass) safety mirrors for full visual coverage. I'm not worried about direct sunlight hitting either one where I would place them, so a fire hazard is not a concern. The mirror in the run would be up high enough that I don't think the chickens would be bothered by it. But I do have concerns about putting a mirror in the coop. In the coop, it would be need to be placed pretty much at the chickens' head level at the highest roost. I don't want to do anything that might distress them. They would see their reflection in the mirror, but a weirdly distorted image. Has anybody installed a safety mirror like that for their chickens? Any cons that you can think of?

Con is going to be the one in the coop getting full of dust and dander. I have one of those convex ones above me in my home office and I'd think that would work though, and once the chickens get used to it, they'll ignore it.

Con is going to be the one in the coop getting full of dust and dander. I have one of those convex ones above me in my home office and I'd think that would work though, and once the chickens get used to it, they'll ignore it.
Good points--thanks so much! I didn't think about the dust and dander coating the mirror, but I think it might be manageable. I'll add a little duster to my order! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom