Coop Construction #5 PIXS, now were making great progress!!!!

Manok-Tao

Songster
10 Years
Jan 6, 2010
W-S NC
Snow mud cold, nice NC winter...
barnie.gif

I'm making some great progress and am really motivated. All exterior siding is up, interior sheathing is up, window, vent and pop door cutouts made, half of floor is tiled with peel and sticks....

Here are my window cutouts, this side of the coop faces south. I was going to go with real windows but want to leave room for adjustment (my first fixed coop). The inside of the windows will have hardware cloth, the outside Lexan screwed on (removed in season)
The front eaves will be screened in with hardware cloth and be all season ventilation.
46669_widow_cutouts.jpg

This is the west facing wall, the lower right is where the pop door will be. The cutouts are for seasonal ventilation panels. The inside of these cutouts will have hardware cloth. In the winter they will be covered with the same siding as the rest of the coop attached with screws.
This was not my original plan, that's why the cutouts aren't even. they are cutout to the 2x4 braces between the studs (offset). Had I read Pat's big ole page of ventilation prior to framing the walls...this west wall's seasonal panels would have been even on the bottom...I'm OK with in-work-redesign though.
46669_pop_door_cutout.jpg

This is the east facing wall showing my access door and seasonal panels above it
46669_east_vent_pnls.jpg

Here is the interior partially covered. The white panels on the right (north wall) are from an old modular shower stall I tore out of the basement years ago (I knew I saved that stuff for something) It's right behind where the roosts will be and help cleanup a lot. I'm using all kinds of scrounged wood from the stash pile to sheath the inside...it's like a jigsaw puzzle but cheap....I may paint it?
46669_interior_sheathing.jpg

sad.png

not feeling the love on my progress
Finishing touches in work i'll be done with interior tomorrow (2/12) and exterior 2/13 except final trim. Pullets move in on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom