Coop help

blackyandstella

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 3, 2013
Phelps me I need a coop for four chickens for my backyard and I need a plan and I'm on a budget of around 50-60 not counting the chicken wire please help

Building a coop for under 50 bucks is pretty simple and there a loads of ways to go about it. I would suggest that you start hunting for scrap material around town, at freinds and family's homes and maybe at the dump. Once youve got yourself some material to build a coop out of, start to ask the question; how can I build a coop from all this junk.

Building a coop for under 50 bucks is pretty simple and there a loads of ways to go about it. I would suggest that you start hunting for scrap material around town, at freinds and family's homes and maybe at the dump. Once youve got yourself some material to build a coop out of, start to ask the question; how can I build a coop from all this junk.
x2 See the Purina coop threads on BYC - if you find some 2 x 4s and some plywood you are good to go (plus something for the roof).

I built my coop from an old pump house and a dog pen about 50 invested total all recycled except chicken wire
[/IMG][/IMG]

I cut a hole in the back for cleaning and egg collection also built a Fed box on the side still have a few other things to due but so far working good

Back
Top Bottom