Coop Progress

Pics
Or you could make them some stairs...
stairs-12.jpg

JT

Hi All - likely the last update for a while, although I don't think we will ever be "done" with this coop and run, we are "done enough" for now, and plan to permanently move the girls in this week. They have spent the past week being carted out to the run every morning, and brought back in every evening, which is honestly getting old, and seems kinda traumatic for them, LOL. Temps this week look pretty stable, and as much as I am sad to move them outside, I am ready to have my living room back. 😂

@jthornton we did ultimately execute your great idea of routing the ramp to the side of the run. It gives the girls more access to under the coop, and they really like the 2 "balconies" they now have to sit on!! Thanks again! I would not have thought to do this!! We need to permanently fasten the ramp still, right now it is just leaning with a heavy piece of granite holding it in place.

67659018560__9B3A7A88-BED2-44F7-A563-2D804BADECCB.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg

They love to perch on it, LOL.
IMG_5480.jpg

On the interior, we got the vinyl flooring cut and tacked down, we installed 1 roost bar for now - we will add another once they are bigger. And we got the nesting boxes boarded off. Added the hemp, and a "practice roost" that is a little lower to the ground, and then opened the door and lured them in with some snacks in the doorway. They enjoyed it, and even sat on the window sill. 😂. I love seeing them on the roost, but so far they only go up there when we place them on it.

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg
IMG_5528.jpg
IMG_5507.jpg
IMG_5496.jpg

As far as the run goes, I hung some solar lanterns - not sure if I love them yet. And we got one whole side of the roofing on... Still need to do the backside. There are a few finishing things that need to be done, but its functional and safe.

IMG_5557.jpg
IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

Thanks for coming along on this 3 month (4 if you count planning) journey with me, and for all of the suggestions and feedback along the way. One final photo of floof for good measure! This is Eloise and she is happy to finally be "home." :)

IMG_5445.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom