Coop Scare Wire

DeAZ

Chirping
Aug 20, 2023
I saw an illustration for scare wire around a chicken fence. Is there any place I can find how to put this on my coop and run? What kind of insulation and wire should I use?

That's probably what I meant. It's an electric wire to go around the top of the coop and the bottom.

You get the wire at TSC, as well as the posts. You run a wire a couple of inches from the bottom. This is so the fox or raccoon or opossum steps on it, or puts his nose to it. You run the top wire using the same posts. You'll need a charger and a couple of other things, which you can also find at TSC. They will help you.

You get the wire at TSC, as well as the posts. You run a wire a couple of inches from the bottom. This is so the fox or raccoon or opossum steps on it, or puts his nose to it. You run the top wire using the same posts. You'll need a charger and a couple of other things, which you can also find at TSC. They will help you.
Thank you! I hope it stops javalina as well. One morning they broke the run right off the front of the coop, and pushed it at right angles. The chickens were out, but they were happy to go back inside once I got it back together.

Back
Top Bottom