Coop windows open during rain/storms?

Bear4boo

Songster
Jun 10, 2022
Midwest
This might be a dumb question…but is it best to close the coop windows when it rains or storms to prevent the inside from potentially getting wet, or is it best to leave the window open, especially when it’s hot, so there’s air flow? The coop is 5x6 and only has one fairly large window.

This might be a dumb question…but is it best to close the coop windows when it rains or storms to prevent the inside from potentially getting wet, or is it best to leave the window open, especially when it’s hot, so there’s air flow? The coop is 5x6 and only has one fairly large window.
I built shutters for the windows. They hinge at the top and I prop them open. The coop stays good and dry while letting the air flow in.

That is a really good question. The answer would largely depend on how well the windows are protected from rain.

I would recommend the windows being protected so that they stay open.

Back
Top Bottom