Corid or Sulfadiamethozine for coccidiosis

Gotalotofpetstoo

Songster
Jan 11, 2023
Western NC
We have three silky hens, one phantom frizzle Brewster. They hatched five chicks around April 22nd making them nine weeks old this coming weekend. After they were p*** they were moved into an enclosed coop and then several weeks ago as the babies started getting bigger, We took the three hens and the rooster out and put them in another coop to give each of them more room. The babies have outgrown their coop now, as it was just a very small one. The hens and the rooster are now in a small 4x4 ft section. I think the cramped quarters may have given them coccidiosis because I'm finding some diarrhea in the coops of both adults and chicks. I can't really say if it had any blood in it because I didn't get to the coop until after dark tonight.
My question is this.....
I can get corrid at tractor supply tomorrow, the 9.6 % at a ratio of 2 tablespoons per gallon of water to put in the coop with them.
OR
I have some sulfadiamethoxine 12.5 %. I don't know the dosage for this one. I only found one article on here that talked about it and it just mentioned that she gave it to him and he died the next day because it was probably already too sick and too late. Not because the medicine.
So does anyone have experience in using the sulfadiamethoxine or the corid? Preferences anyone???
I have read a lot on the corid so I know it's good but if I can use what I have at home that would be great. I heard people that were talking about the corid we're saying to give the medicated water as a drench also, so many times per day I guess?

Attachments

• PXL_20230621_063109921.jpg
    PXL_20230621_063109921.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 34

Back
Top Bottom