Cornish Cross growth day 2 to butcher

Two weeks old today!
IMG_20240408_124545746.jpg
IMG_20240408_124556431.jpg

By about 3 weeks you should be able to tell CX hens from roos, or at least have a good guess by their comb color and size. Cute chicks! I always like to know how many of each I have as soon as possible, so it's fun to see how early I can tell. Also, after 3 weeks, they'll be strong enough and smart enough to drink from horizontal nipple waterers if you're interested in doing that. My eggers I introduce the nipple waterer after 4 weeks, since they get big/strong slower than the CX.

By about 3 weeks you should be able to tell CX hens from roos, or at least have a good guess by their comb color and size. Cute chicks! I always like to know how many of each I have as soon as possible, so it's fun to see how early I can tell. Also, after 3 weeks, they'll be strong enough and smart enough to drink from horizontal nipple waterers if you're interested in doing that. My eggers I introduce the nipple waterer after 4 weeks, since they get big/strong slower than the CX.
I can already tell pretty well which are pullets and which are cockerels, they develop so fast! We're going to switch to a 3 gallon trough waterer soon.

Back
Top Bottom