Cream Legbar Roo OVER Leghorn Hen

shaneensmith

Songster
Nov 26, 2018
Quesnel, BC
Hello everyone, I am looking to breed my Cream Legbar Rooster over my White Leghorn Hens. I would like to know what colored egg layer I might end up with? Would it be blue or light blue? IF it was light blue, and I wanted to make them more blue, then what would I breed those pullets back to?

I need an exact clear formula, as I know only a little bit about breeding for hybrid egg colors.

Thanks for your help!

Hello everyone, I am looking to breed my Cream Legbar Rooster over my White Leghorn Hens. I would like to know what colored egg layer I might end up with? Would it be blue or light blue? IF it was light blue, and I wanted to make them more blue, then what would I breed those pullets back to?

I need an exact clear formula, as I know only a little bit about breeding for hybrid egg colors.

Thanks for your help!
Cream Legbar rooster over White Leghorn hens produces Sapphires. The offspring will have one blue egg gene and one not blue egg gene.

The eggs will be a light blue.

To get them to lay a darker blue egg, you will need to cross them back to a blue egg layer such as a legbar. The offspring from that cross will have 50% with 2 blue egg genes and 50% with one blue egg gene and one not blue egg gene.

Sapphire_egg_X9134199_09-13-2015-001-ad.jpg

Cream Legbar rooster over White Leghorn hens produces Sapphires. The offspring will have one blue egg gene and one not blue egg gene.

The eggs will be a light blue.

To get them to lay a darker blue egg, you will need to cross them back to a blue egg layer such as a legbar. The offspring from that cross will have 50% with 2 blue egg genes and 50% with one blue egg gene and one not blue egg gene.

Thank you.

So when I "cross them back" to a "blue egg layer (legbar)" should it be:

A: Sapphire Rooster OVER Cream Legbar Hen?

OR

B:
Cream Legbar Rooster OVER Sapphire Hen?

Back
Top Bottom