Roo is Crested Frost Legbar. Hens are:

White leghorn
Easter egger (lt olive eggs)
Black sex link
Red sex link
Blue lace golden Wyandotte
Speckled Sussex
Plymouth Barred Rock

Any ideas what traits will emerge, or any super secret breed blends that happen with these breeds? Or will I just have a beautiful basket of backyard beauties?
:)

I’m most inclined to try the white leghorn and the sexlinks, not for a particular look, but for egg laying ability. I’m also keen on an Easter Egger blend to up the blue in my basket. I’m just not sure that that’s how any of that works, lol

Attachments

• 3BF5A8FE-8160-464F-A84A-14D7CB716A35.jpeg
    3BF5A8FE-8160-464F-A84A-14D7CB716A35.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
I'm not knowledgeable about chicken genetics to pick out dominant traits that will come through when breeding your rooster to your hens. We have a flock that started as mostly pure breeds (we also had EE).We hatched our own chicks and now we have over 30 birds and none of them look alike.

Genetically your white Legbar (which is the correct name, not "frosted" and no need to add "crested") is barred gold duckwing underneath his recessive white, probably also carrying recessive cream. All of the chicks will be barred, probably mostly in messy duckwing (crele) and black.

So I’ve gotten three chicks from him so far - a Legbar/Leghorn roo and two crested Plymouth barred. The little crests on all the chicks just kill me. :love
I’ve got a few more under my broody - another leghorn egg, Easter (olive) Egger, and a red autosex (golden comet). I now have way more chickens than I need, but yikes, this is fascinating, fun and adorable.

Back
Top Bottom