Crestless cream legbar and a crested sapphire gem? What do I really have?

mintdeer

Songster
8 Years
Dec 24, 2014
All chicks are about 2 months old. I got two cream legbars, one has a crest and one doesn't. They look pretty similar otherwise, the one without a crest is a bit darker in color. Is this normal for cream legbars? Is she potentially not pure cream legbar? They came from the same place (feed store). You can see her next to the other cream legbar who does have a crest in the second photo. Crestless chick is behind, crested chick in front.
IMG_0412 2.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg

My other mystery chick is this one, she's supposed to be a Sapphire Gem which I've never had before. Are they supposed to be crested? If not, what is she?

IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0427.jpg

Probably. Those blue ones especially.
Update when the other ones start laying. I’d guess they’re OEs too, but just to check in.
Thanks for the insight! I will update when they start laying. I already have 4 olive egger chicks in this batch so if these 3 end up being olive eggers too I'll have quite a lot of green eggs to look forward to 🤣

I have also seen poor quality (as in not standard) from some hatcheries. I have had pure legbars from the hatchery with no tuft and they lay a blue egg. So, it could be that.
I have also had olive eggers that looked exactly like a CL.
:confused:

I had 4 sapphire gems, no crust. I just got a batch of colorful egg layers and about 4 of them are the same gray color my gems were and I'm pretty sure they are olive eggers.

Back
Top Bottom