Crossing barred rock rooster to Cornish cross.

9jaCornish

Hatching
Mar 23, 2019
Am actually not that good in chicken genetics, but i still know a little.. Am on a project of crossing hatchery barred rock rooster over Cornish cross hen. I was able to raise 5 Cornish X to maturity and they are about to lay now.. My question is, in how many generation will i cross thr barred over the dominant white of Cornish to be able to produce offsprings that are barred from the Cornish, my aim is to produce a big bird close to Cornish that will be laying laying brown eggs 🥚, but am sure the barred rock would have reduce the fatness in the co Cornish in later generation, so they won't have the heart problem Cornish do have
050.JPG
images (6).jpeg

It has taken years for geneticists to figer this out, so I’ll recommend just experimenting! I’ll be exited if you post another thread on how your project turned out.

I want to try this also. I’m thinking about breeding a Partridge Rock to a Dark Cornish. I want to breed them both ways PR male over DC female and visa versa. Then depending on which cross comes out the best either keep breeding the same way or try breeding both crosses together to create a new strain.

Back
Top Bottom