crowing question

lau.gif
gig.gif

My EE made a funny squacking noise at 5 1/2 wks. That's when I noticed he was the only one with a pea comb.

Then nothing until I moved them out to the coop and he started in again with the funny squacking at 7 1/2 wks.

Saturday I slept in until 6:30 am and he was out there doing his not yet perfected crow as if to say 'come let us out of here, the sun's up'.

I made it out there earlier this morning and no crowing. I'm loving the crowing. I was so happy I ended up with one roo in the of ten pullets. AND he's nice. I was sitting out in the run with them as the sun was setting and he flew up on my back to shoulder to lap.

last spring we bought a mixed batch of "mutts". 24 chickens total, well as they grew 18 were ROOS. They all started crowing at different times the earliest was close to 13 weeks. Maybe cause the old ROO was master of the FARM........ Now I am down to 1 ROO [My older roo got to close to one of the dogs
sad.png
] from my hatchings last spring and he was the last to start crowing at 20 weeks. Then again maybe cause he has a crooked beak. Even with his crooked beak he was still the largest when I got rid of the others. Now he is apporaching 1 year old and still crows very little compared to my old master roo. Generally he is starting at 6am and a very few times during the day.

Now my old roo was like clock work, I could almost set a clock by him. He started at 430a and crowed way into the dark. And it was on the hour and half hour. Each time about 10-20 crows.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I really miss my ROOSTER CLOCK.

Back
Top Bottom