Daisy’s Bumblefoot.. It’s almost healed right??

Heathmess

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 1, 2018
Hi! Awhile back I posted pics of a Daisy Pekin’s severe bumblefoot.. it’s been months of treating with a process of warm epson salt bath for inflammation and softening the scab , cleaning with vetacin spray, removing any infection with a sterilized tweezer, cleaning it again, covering with non-stick gauze pad with coloidal (sp?) silver ointment mixed with an herbal healing salve. I wrap it with vet wrap, waterproof tape and put her foot in a duck boot made with wet suit material with a padded rubber sole. I’m posting a pic of today and a pic of the progress over months of treatment ..

if you have experience treating bumblefoot- is it almost gone or is there any more infection there? You can see some yellow spots but no more dark brown/black! Anything else i can do to heal it faster?

Attachments

• C8552B51-D216-4A62-ACA6-80128625E3CC.jpeg
    C8552B51-D216-4A62-ACA6-80128625E3CC.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 0E10BB2F-EF67-4937-A799-39B85F5352EA.jpeg
    0E10BB2F-EF67-4937-A799-39B85F5352EA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 30
It looks clean. The wound needs to granulate from the bottom and heal over. I would stop the salves creams and sprays now; keep the foot clean by washing [not soaking] then using then your non-stick gauze pad, wrapped with vet wrap, waterproof tape and her foot in a duck boot. The granulation needs to form and the wound dry out to heal

It looks clean. The wound needs to granulate from the bottom and heal over. I would stop the salves creams and sprays now; keep the foot clean by washing [not soaking] then using then your non-stick gauze pad, wrapped with vet wrap, waterproof tape and her foot in a duck boot. The granulation needs to form and the wound dry out to heal
Perfect! Thank you! I appreciate it very much! She does seem to enjoy her bath time in the house bath tub but I can switch to a quick wash in our mudroom sink so it can dry out faster. Holy crow has this taken forever to get rid of. I almost had it completely gone last year and made the mistake of stopping the wrapping/duck boot too soon.

Back
Top Bottom