Day 19, coturnix alive in eggs, no pips.

Quote:
I'm no expert, but sounds like the best advice to to me
smile.png
The day you set them is day zero, and 24 hours later is day one. I think I'm going to put that in my signature line.

I'm sorry for anyone's losses, but hatching coturnix could be a 16-21 day ordeal, with little to no proof of life.

I don't understand why people get this wrong.

your born, one year later your a year old

eggs set, one day later that 1 day....

It just seams to get exacerbated with coturnix. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because some folks that sell hatching eggs say "Can hatch in 17 days" then people miscount, and start busting eggs open, without waiting the full 21 days plus day zero miscount. (For the record...setting any coturnix can plug up your bator/hatcher for 21 days plus day ZERO).

Your guess is is good as mine my friend
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm no expert, but sounds like the best advice to to me
smile.png
The day you set them is day zero, and 24 hours later is day one. I think I'm going to put that in my signature line.

I'm sorry for anyone's losses, but hatching coturnix could be a 16-21 day ordeal, with little to no proof of life.

I don't understand why people get this wrong.

your born, one year later your a year old

eggs set, one day later that 1 day....

I didn't get it wrong. I know how you're supposed to count them. I've hatched out chicken eggs. Half the eggs turned out to be infertile. The remaining were not fully formed. The only one that was, was the one that didn't quite make it out of the egg. We just put in another 38 eggs. The weather is warmer and hopefully no more power outages.

Back
Top Bottom