Day 21 or Is it Day 20

rgvchicks

Songster
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
Roma Texas
I guess I went lockdown a day early....I set my eggs on the 1st at 5pm so i thought that was day one....I am new here and also as a noobie hatcher....i've been reading threads here at the forum and read that the day eggs are set is day zero.....I went to lockdown on the 19th but by figuring out from day zero i ended up going to lockdown a day early, so hatch is due tomorrow instead of today....will this affect the chicks....candled before lockdown and they looked good.

my understanding is that if you set your eggs at night, then the following day is day 1. Thats how I'm counting mine, my lockdown was yesterday, hoping to hatch out on Thurs the 23rd. I set mine on the 2nd but the 3rd was my day 1. It is confusing! I'm sure your chicks will be ok going into lockdown a day early. What are you hatching? I'm hoping to hatch out blue/black/splash ameraucanas, I've got 15 that look good in the bator. I've checked the incubator at least a dozen times already today looking for any signs of hatching, it's gonna be a long week!
oh &
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
my understanding is that if you set your eggs at night, then the following day is day 1. Thats how I'm counting mine, my lockdown was yesterday, hoping to hatch out on Thurs the 23rd. I set mine on the 2nd but the 3rd was my day 1. It is confusing! I'm sure your chicks will be ok going into lockdown a day early. What are you hatching? I'm hoping to hatch out blue/black/splash ameraucanas, I've got 15 that look good in the bator. I've checked the incubator at least a dozen times already today looking for any signs of hatching, it's gonna be a long week!
oh &
welcome-byc.gif

I am hatching 20 out of my personal Blue Miner Gamefowl flock on this bator....on the 2nd bato i built i have 49 RIR, PBR, and a dozen more of my gamefowl due on the 3rd or the 4th....i'll have another 40 by friday froma a friend who has a turkey neck rooster and around 30 assorted hens....so that gives me around 40 mutts of that batch which i hope setting on the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom