Day 22 HELP

Lexy2020

In the Brooder
May 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
My first time incubating eggs, i had originally 15 eggs in now on day 21 im down to 8. Day 21 one chick has hatched, day 22, 4 are still trying to come out and there are showing life. 3 no signs of coming out yet. So i know i need to wait up to day 24 and temperature is around 38 C and humidity is between 70 and 75.
But im worry about 3 that no sign at all. They should at least crack the eggs yet maybe? Im so nervous about it.

Not all of them hatch. Especially on your first try it’s a lot of getting used to incubation. That being said they may still. You are right waiting till day 24 is a good idea. From there you can candle. If you see movement then you can put them back but if not they may just not have been destined to hatch. I float test before I toss. Put them in a glass of warm water (as long as they haven’t pipped) and of the egg shakes on its own there’s still a chance it hatches.

Not all of them hatch. Especially on your first try it’s a lot of getting used to incubation. That being said they may still. You are right waiting till day 24 is a good idea. From there you can candle. If you see movement then you can put them back but if not they may just not have been destined to hatch. I float test before I toss. Put them in a glass of warm water (as long as they haven’t pipped) and of the egg shakes on its own there’s still a chance it hatches.

Hi thanks for your fast response, so far two more came out and two showing signs of life and eggs are cracked, but other 3 nothing yet, will wait day 24 and see what will happen. But i just don't understand if humanity and temperature was right this whole incubating time all 21 days ,i should have more eggs hatched from 15 eggs 😭😭😭😭😭

Well it's good to always check temps and humidity from day 1 to 18 just to make sure its consistent. The more you hatch it will be easier and you'll understand what you can do to modify your incubator to make it perfect.
First hatches are always nerve racking cause you sometime doubt yourself if your doing it right or over doing it.
Every hatch is a learning curve to be better at it.
I hope that helps.

Hi thanks for your fast response, so far two more came out and two showing signs of life and eggs are cracked, but other 3 nothing yet, will wait day 24 and see what will happen. But i just don't understand if humanity and temperature was right this whole incubating time all 21 days ,i should have more eggs hatched from 15 eggs 😭😭😭😭😭
38° is a little high. If your temperature spiked it be to warm. Are the eggs from your personal flock or some you bought? Shipped eggs are harder to hatch. What was wrong with your eggs that didn’t make it to lockdown? We’re they empty? Blood ring? Or did they just quit? That might be able to tip us off to what happened. What was your humidity at throughout incubation? What breed are the chicks? Certain breeds are harder to hatch/have fertility problems.

Back
Top Bottom