Day 23 pipped day 24 hatched dont give up hope

LisaMurph

In the Brooder
May 15, 2023
I just want to say don't give up on eggs. Australorp eggs 4 viable on day 18 of lockdown. Late into day 23 3 pipped no movement!! I was beside myself then this morning.... 1 egg doing nothing and I think my temps were around 37.2 so possible cause for late hatch. Please don't give up hope. I did assist just a little with first one huge chick, put back as soon as beak was clear.

I just want to say don't give up on eggs. Australorp eggs 4 viable on day 18 of lockdown. Late into day 23 3 pipped no movement!! I was beside myself then this morning.... 1 egg doing nothing and I think my temps were around 37.2 so possible cause for late hatch. Please don't give up hope. I did assist just a little with first one huge chick, put back as soon as beak was clear.
You have excellent points! I have two good incubators but both are off on their preset temps. I had purchased three different thermometers/hygrometers, two being Govees to help set the right temp. One of my first batches, I was running a degree and a half low and didn't realize it until they didn't hatch, and I checked. 😳 They hatched two days later.

I agree, too with not giving up. If all the rest are dried and been in there for 24 hours, yet have a couple eggs doing nothing, I'll take the live ones out, candle the remaining, but still can't be sure so just leave them in for a couple more days. Once I had one like that, and he hatched 3 days later from the rest of them. Weird!

Back
Top Bottom