Day 25 Call Duck Eggs

kmpcfp

Songster
9 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Southern Maryland
This is my first time hatching calls. 25 completed days at 1 pm today. I noticed shadows in the eggs at day 23, two days ago. I made a safety hole in two of the eggs as I had read to do with calls. However, I am not sure they are actually internally pipping. It looks like the membrane is just pulling away from the shell and going up into the air sac with the ducklings. My incubator is set up in a way that I can stick my hand through an access hole with a small flashlight to take a peek without sacrificing the humidity, which is running at 70-75% for lockdown. Do I just need to wait longer or

This is my first time hatching calls. 25 completed days at 1 pm today. I noticed shadows in the eggs at day 23, two days ago. I made a safety hole in two of the eggs as I had read to do with calls. However, I am not sure they are actually internally pipping. It looks like the membrane is just pulling away from the shell and going up into the air sac with the ducklings. My incubator is set up in a way that I can stick my hand through an access hole with a small flashlight to take a peek without sacrificing the humidity, which is running at 70-75% for lockdown. Do I just need to wait longer or

Usually, you make a safety hole if you know they've internally pipped for around 12-24 hours with no progress, you said you made a safety hole once they started to shadow, seems a bit early to me. Did you start counting, 24 hours after you set the eggs.Whats your temp been running. How do their air cells look Big/ small?

Usually, you make a safety hole if you know they've internally pipped for around 12-24 hours with no progress, you said you made a safety hole once they started to shadow, seems a bit early to me. Did you start counting, 24 hours after you set the eggs.Whats your temp been running. How do their air cells look Big/ small?
Temp has been running right between 99-100 and circulating. The air cells on average look right on with the charts that I have seen. I set the eggs at 1 pm on a Friday. Those eggs were sitting at room temp for as long as a week before I got them per the lady I got them from. Anyway I am assuming the 26 completed "days" would be tomorrow at 1 pm. I have 6 eggs total.

Back
Top Bottom