Day 26 of duck incubation questions.

cheepcheep87

Hatching
Sep 13, 2021
Hello! This is my first time hatching eggs in an incubator. I had three Rouens, two females and a male. One of my females was sitting on a nest, but something got into the coop and killed her and my others and destroyed all but one egg which was kinda hid more in the hay. I brought the egg in and put it in the incubator. Up until now everything seems to have progressed normally. Yesterday was day 25 so I candled it one last time. The air cell had dipped, I could see a shadow like it was pressing down on the air cell, the veins had significantly darkened and there was quite a bit of movement. The egg was rolling around in the incubator. I put the egg in lockdown and increased the humidity. When I woke up this morning I candled the egg through the incubator wall and there had been no internal pipping, all the veins that were there yesterday are just gone and there has been no movement at all today. :( Is this normal or have I lost my little nugget?

I’m sorry but that seems like she passed away. What was humidity at? What was temperature at? You can leave her in there for awhile longer to make sure. :hugs

I’m sorry but that seems like she passed away. What was humidity at? What was temperature at? You can leave her in there for awhile longer to make sure. :hugs
The temperature was at 99.5 and 65% humidity. My little nugget didn’t make it :( Did I have the humidity too high? She seemed to be fine until I increased it for lockdown. It had been on 65%.

The temperature was at 99.5 and 65% humidity. My little nugget didn’t make it :( Did I have the humidity too high? She seemed to be fine until I increased it for lockdown. It had been on 65%.
That is a bit too high but I don’t believe that caused her death. Sometimes they just don’t make it. What was the humidity for it on lockdown. I’m sorry about the baby. :hugs

That is a bit too high but I don’t believe that caused her death. Sometimes they just don’t make it. What was the humidity for it on lockdown. I’m sorry about the baby. :hugs
Thank you :( The humidity was 55% while incubating and I increased it to 65% for lockdown.

I’m just upset thinking maybe I did something wrong. I also have 6 Welsh Harlequin babies incubating in a separate incubator. They are on day 19 and seem pretty healthy right now, but they are shipped eggs and all but two have saddlebag air cells. A few are pretty bad.

Occasionally I have had birds that seem to suffocate just before Hatch. Sometimes if the air cell rolls down the bird will die. There are a lot of things that can go wrong in that last day.

Back
Top Bottom