Day 30 and nothing has happened with my duck eggs.

Can you shine through the big air cell? Like down into the egg. That will help us to see better. Sorry lol. Thanks for answering the questions. They look 26-28 days to me too. The air cell is drawn down for hatching in the 28 day pic, so I would guess they look day 28.

Is this better?

IMG_7618.jpeg

IMG_7619.jpeg

IMG_7621.jpeg

Yes. I'm sorry. I see no veining. I'm thinking these eggs are late quitters unfortunately. Have you read the guide to assisted hatching for all poultry on here? I would go in as though you were assisting. I don't think any are alive, but go ahead and open them up from the air cell in and see if any are still alive. I'm sorry :hugs
Hii, I I am having the same problem, but I do see veins, it is now day 32, although 1 out of the 3 hatched day 28. The humidity is high although I’m worried they’re late due to the fluctuation of it, as the lid was opened during lockdown and the person didn’t spray the eggs after opening it. They are call ducks and I haven’t seen any movement. Do u think I should make a pip/ crack it near the top and have a look, or just wait longer? I don’t want to wait too long incase they die, but also don’t wanna rush them if they are in the process.

Hii, I I am having the same problem, but I do see veins, it is now day 32, although 1 out of the 3 hatched day 28. The humidity is high although I’m worried they’re late due to the fluctuation of it, as the lid was opened during lockdown and the person didn’t spray the eggs after opening it. They are call ducks and I haven’t seen any movement. Do u think I should make a pip/ crack it near the top and have a look, or just wait longer? I don’t want to wait too long incase they die, but also don’t wanna rush them if they are in the process.
Hello! Did you calibrate an additional thermometer to have in the incubator prior to incubation? I'm guessing the temp was off a bit.
Do you see any movement while candling?
Candle again, and see if you can see an internal pip.
Screenshot_20220407-101705-986.png

If you see an internal pip let me know. You don't want to assist until after they internally pip if you can help it.

Hello! Did you calibrate an additional thermometer to have in the incubator prior to incubation? I'm guessing the temp was off a bit.
Candle again, and see if you can see an internal pip. View attachment 3053121

If you see an internal pip let me know. You don't want to assist until after they internally pip if you can help it.
Thank you so much! I will candle again later and take some pictures.

Thank you so much! I will candle again later and take some pictures.

Hello! Sorry I didn’t answer, I have not got an additional thermometer and when I was candling them before, I did not see any movement, I only saw the air sac and the veins. I’m unable to candle them again because 3 pipped pekins are due today and I don’t want to fluctuate the humidity and temperature too much for them, once my pekins are born I will candle them again.Or do you think it would be too late if I waited to candle them or to help them? Still no pips from them.

Back
Top Bottom