Deformed egg

katecamo

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Any help on why one of my girls eggs look like this? Everyone looks happy and healthy they are about 2 years old not sure who’s egg it is. Shell isn’t soft but in the lighter spots it’s definitely thinner.

Attachments

• BE50AD55-B9DB-45A9-BAE5-1C3B45E97D83.jpeg
    BE50AD55-B9DB-45A9-BAE5-1C3B45E97D83.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 10
Any help on why one of my girls eggs look like this? Everyone looks happy and healthy they are about 2 years old not sure who’s egg it is. Shell isn’t soft but in the lighter spots it’s definitely thinner.
That's an odd one, never seen one quite like that.
Are they always like that...or is this maybe a one off glitch?
How long has this been going on?
Would be good to find out which bird is laying them.

T'is getting close to molting time, as they ramp down production in the shortening days you can get some funky eggs.

There has been a handful that look like that maybe one a week for about 3 weeks now. Not sure how I could go about finding out what girl is laying it. Only thing I can think of is I changed them from crumble to pellets same brand and they have oyster shells

Last year when we had the fires, my chicken layed one that looked like that. I thought I had a picture somewhere... You could see the yolk shape inside 😳 She was stressed..

I call these "stress eggs". I noticed after a bear attack or some other scary event in a hens life, they will lay a couple of these. I've even had a shell less egg! Usually as routine returns it stops. Could have been scared by a predator or something? :hugs

I’m in Massachusetts and we have had a lot of thunderstorms this year more than ever so maybe that? I don’t have cameras set up so not sure about predators but definitely wild storms

There has been a handful that look like that maybe one a week for about 3 weeks now. Not sure how I could go about finding out what girl is laying it. Only thing I can think of is I changed them from crumble to pellets same brand and they have oyster shells
Yes, it would be hard, lots of stalking of the nests.

Same percentage of protein and calcium, just the different shape?
Sometimes they don't take to a new shape right away.

Back
Top Bottom