Deworming chicken.

Ada06

Songster
Apr 26, 2020
Lansing, Michigan
I am thinking one of my hens has worms. She hasn't laid an egg in a few weeks, I have seen a few bloody poops around the coop, and I don't know what the problem could be, if it's not worms. Does anyone know of an effective dewormer to treat the flock of five, just so no one else gets them. Thanks!

I am thinking one of my hens has worms. She hasn't laid an egg in a few weeks, I have seen a few bloody poops around the coop, and I don't know what the problem could be, if it's not worms. Does anyone know of an effective dewormer to treat the flock of five, just so no one else gets them. Thanks!
are you sure its not cocciodiosis? search up a picture of their poop when they have that disease just to see if it looks like the poop your hen is having. If it does look like it, get corid and feed your entire flock.

are you sure its not cocciodiosis? search up a picture of their poop when they have that disease just to see if it looks like the poop your hen is having. If it does look like it, get corid and feed your entire flock.
I'm not sure if that is what her poop looks like but, could be. I can get a pic and see what you think. I thought they were immune to cocciodiosis in their own yard. Idk if this is true or not, i have no experience with the illness. Thank you!

I'm not sure if that is what her poop looks like but, could be. I can get a pic and see what you think. I thought they were immune to cocciodiosis in their own yard. Idk if this is true or not, i have no experience with the illness. Thank you!
well, if it is, it kills them really fast, so try to treat it fast. Also, some do get immune, but some dont and its better not to risk it

Back
Top Bottom