Diamond dove with huge crop filled with air!!!!

Gigachad poultry

Rest in peace Eda ~ 2018-2024
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2022
Vicenza IT
So I was going out to check on my birds because it was raining and I'm always worrying one might get cold or wet. And while I was checking for any birds on the ground my worst nightmare had come true!!!! I saw my Male diamond dove Skittles on the ground and his tail and wings were all wet! However I then saw while picking him up his crop was all full of air! He also couldn't fly at all. His crop had no food in it and I'm not sure what to do? His beack is also closed and he seems really stressed 😥
Does he has sour crop? All my birds seem fine and they are actually still breeding! I normally change their the water in their pond and none of my other birds have this crop problem. I moved him to my hospital cage so he won't hurt himself. What do I do!?! Any help is extremely appreciated!!! Here are some photos:
PXL_20230829_154413211.jpg
PXL_20230829_154345144.jpg
PXL_20230829_154336898.MP.jpg
PXL_20230829_154341360.jpg

I'm sorry about your Dove, he's beautiful.

I don't know anything about them, so hopefully someone like @ChickNanny13 @Amer or @RoostersAreAwesome can chime in with some suggestions.
I actually just gently made a little hole in his crop and I just slowly deflated his crop. It took about 3-4 minutes but after he was looking kinda scared so I got him more perches, food, and water and he has been completely fine. I really hope his crop heals okay! He actually has a mate that just hatched her second egg this morning!!! I will check on him for a little longer and I think he will be fine (nock on wood)

Back
Top Bottom