Diamond in the dog crate.

HELP! One of my girls just pecked my diamond earring off. I separated her and put her in a dog crate. How long do you all think it would take to be....pooped?:hit

If it's going to come out, probably within 24 hours, but I wouldn't give up hope until it's been 3-4 days.

Unfortunately, depending on the size of the diamond, it might just stay in the gizzard as grit. I'm sure it will grind chicken food quite nicely (so no harm to the chicken), but that is not helpful when you want it back!

If it's going to come out, probably within 24 hours, but I wouldn't give up hope until it's been 3-4 days.

Unfortunately, depending on the size of the diamond, it might just stay in the gizzard as grit. I'm sure it will grind chicken food quite nicely (so no harm to the chicken), but that is not helpful when you want it back!
Wonder if I could make her regurgitate it by squeezing her crop?

Wonder if I could make her regurgitate it by squeezing her crop?
That might work.

I have read of people holding a chicken upside down and massaging the crop to try to remove blockages. I have also read warnings that the chicken can inhale some of what comes out, and can die from that. I do not know how likely that is, and I have never personally tried it.

If you want to try that, it's probably best to do it as soon as possible, hopefully before the diamond has a chance to move further down the digestive tract.

Just to state one obvious method: if you kill & butcher the chicken, I'm sure you can get the diamond back. I do not know how much you value the diamond versus the live chicken.

Back
Top Bottom