Diarrhea and puffy eyes.

mygirlsandi

Chirping
May 18, 2023
Good evening everyone and Happy Fathers Day. I need some.help please. I had to go away for a couple of days and when I came back I found my entire flock with Diarrhea. I figured maybe they were drinking too much water as it has been so hot. I gave them electrolyte and the problem is still bad. Today however i notice that their eyes seemed puffy. Does this look normal? Thank you in advance for any info.

Attachments

• 20230618_170224.jpg
    20230618_170224.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 81
Good evening everyone and Happy Fathers Day. I need some.help please. I had to go away for a couple of days and when I came back I found my entire flock with Diarrhea. I figured maybe they were drinking too much water as it has been so hot. I gave them electrolyte and the problem is still bad. Today however i notice that their eyes seemed puffy. Does this look normal? Thank you in advance for any info.
Oh my goodness, who cut their beaks like that?! 😫

I don't see any eye puffing in those pics. The watery diarrhea will continue if they are drinking a lot of water, it is normal in the summer. Has it been happening before you left for a while? Giving them electrolytes is a good supplement during the summer! :thumbsup

Hope you can figure out what may be causing the puffy eyes! 💚

Oh my goodness, who cut their beaks like that?! 😫

I don't see any eye puffing in those pics. The watery diarrhea will continue if they are drinking a lot of water, it is normal in the summer. Has it been happening before you left for a while? Giving them electrolytes is a good supplement during the summer! :thumbsup

Hope you can figure out what may be causing the puffy eyes! 💚
Thank you for responding. I got them from a place that just breed them for egg production. They did that to those poor babies. So I guess I kind of rescued them and they are now my babies.

Thank you for responding. I got them from a place that just breed them for egg production. They did that to those poor babies. So I guess I kind of rescued them and they are now my babies.
Awwww, thank you for rescuing them! :hugs Have you just noticed puffy eyes? Are any of them acting sick or lethargic? 💚

How long have you had them?
Have you added any new birds recently?
Any changes to bedding?
Hello. I got them in Mid January and was told they were about 1.5 years old I have been using the same bedding since I got them and have not had any issues with them. I was told they had been vaccinated. I try to keep a clean run and coop and basically clean the poop every day. Especially because I did add some new chicks to the flock in Mid March at 8 weeks old. They are not Vaccinated. I kept them separate for a while but they mingle now. Not too long ago I saw some little red kind of looking chunks their poop. The closest vet that sees birds is about an hr away from me, but would not see my chickens. They did however allow me to bring a sample and they said it was normal. However one of the older girls has got diarrhea ever since I got them and the poop was normal so I was told. 🤨 I had given them Corid before but the poop was still loose. Now I just have a water park. There is no solid poop and I have no idea what to do. The vet won't see us. they are booked for the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom