did my goat miscarry?

dancingflame

Chirping
Aug 15, 2020
i believe my goat has likely miscarried. i came out this morning to find blood all over her backside, and she seems noticeably less… pregnant? :( can anyone confirm or deny this? I can’t seem to find any wounds on her

83826DD6-084A-465B-ABA9-918EA546FF3B.jpeg

I would think if she's far enough along for that much blood you would find a dead fetus. No wounds on the tail?

I would think if she's far enough along for that much blood you would find a dead fetus. No wounds on the tail?
i’ve looked her over a few times and haven’t been able to find any visible wounds. she seems to be bleeding from her vulva, and after i cleaned her earlier, she seems to be bleeding again. :( i’ve also searched my property and have been unable to find any sign of a fetus. she was only around a month or two pregnant from what i know, so is there a chance my free roaming chickens might’ve consumed anything she passed??

If she's continuing to bleed than it may well have been a miscarriage. I personally have not seen this in any of my goats so I can't say for sure. Are you sure she was pregnant? Is she a polled goat? Do you have a buck running with her?

If she's continuing to bleed than it may well have been a miscarriage. I personally have not seen this in any of my goats so I can't say for sure. Are you sure she was pregnant? Is she a polled goat? Do you have a buck running with her?
i wasn’t 100% certain on if she was pregnant, but she was beginning to widen out more than she does when she’s usually eaten, and now she seems skinnier. :( she isn’t polled and neither of my other goats are either. i do have a buck around her as he’s part of our herd. i could be wrong about her being pregnant because i’m still new to owning goats :(

Hopefully someone who has seen this can help. I guess I wouldn't worry if she's eating and drinking okay. Keep an eye on her, and hopefully it stops.

@cassie may have some better advice the next time she comes on.

Your goat has lost her pregnancy. In my opinion she was also farther along than you think. I would say closer to three months than to two. At this stage all you are likely to find is some blood. As to why she aborted, that is anyone's guess.

Back
Top Bottom