Difference between stag and cockerel?

Interesting dilemmas when colloquialisms/semantics come into play. 
There are 'languages' in certain cultures that don't make sense to folks not acquainted with that culture, making discussions confusing.

I'd just ask, 'I'm not familiar with that term, can you tell me what is a 'stag'. Might have to help with descriptors...'is it a male chicken under a year old?'

See post #3 above.

Now I am second guessing whether I even heard her right. Her voice sounded slurred and frankly it was hard to understand her. :/ I am tempted to just keep and butcher them myself, but I am rather slow with the butchering, so my husband really wants to sell them.

Yeah, I should have asked her... but due to her slur, it was really hard to talk to her, and so I only thought about it after we hung up.

What's the difference between a stag and a cockerel?

Right now I have three barred rock cockerels that are 5 1/2 weeks old. I'm trying to sell them on craigslist, and a lady called me and said she wants one of them as a stag. Is that a cockfighting term? It would be great if I found them their own flocks, and I also don't mind them being eaten... if they don't sell, I'll eat them myself. But I want to avoid other uses for them, so I could really use some advice here.

Thanks, guys!
For the future and for anyone who would like some info: Anyone who is buying barred rock or any other non-game breed of chicken is not going to fight them! No offense, but if you think someone is going to throw that fluffy fat tub of lard in a fight against some of those roided up pure game gamefowl birds then you clearly don't know what you're talking about (which is a good thing in this case, you don't need to know about the bird fight game). If anyone is asking about a non-game bird, they either want it as a pet, to breed, or to eat. That's it. As someone who has bred gamebirds (I don't fight them, I only breed), I will tell you that the people who come to buy gamefowl will know what they're buying. They know the breeds, the sizes, the colors, the attributes, etc. and they pay big $$$ accordingly. If you're selling a $20 rooster, you don't gotta worry about anyone using that thing for fighting. They aren't looking for Rhode island reds or something to throw in the ring, it's not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom