Do all button quail males growl ? 🐤

@Hiram Means @Nabiki @FloorCandy

oh boy.... So I posted this thread 2 days ago... and suddenly today at 8 weeks of age, here is my baby boy - I'd been playing button quail sounds on YT.... and now he's BOTH crowing for the first time ever as well as growling! :eek:

lol... it's super cute ... before today he never did either of those things!!

Me luvs mah boy! (btw he has a girlfriend for the past 2 weeks)

@WoDia :D
The mini velociraptor cometh…. love ❤️ your little guy! Little Miss Monroe/Medusa has her hands (wings) full now!

You can only hope that holding her often with Sweetpea might begin to calm her. She’s young, so there’s always hope that she’ll settle down a little when she’s older. Some do and some never will. Regardless, she’s soooo cute anyway! Too bad she wasn’t hand raised before you got her.

You can only hope that holding her often with Sweetpea might begin to calm her. She’s young, so there’s always hope that she’ll settle down a little when she’s older. Some do and some never will. Regardless, she’s soooo cute anyway! Too bad she wasn’t hand raised before you got her.
oh my... hold her? -- she isn't going to let me do that. When I go towards their pen, Sweetpea runs TOWARDS me and before I even get to the side of the pen, she has run into one of the boxes.... my hand in the pen freaks her out horribly -- she starts flying all over the place and screaming... I don't think the breeder has anything to do with the birds. She paces constantly back & forth.
... Sweetpea looks perplexed by it all ... :confused:

I've only picked her up twice and it's traumatizing for us both! .. lol .. The only way to hold her is with a VERY firm grasp because she's an escape artist

oh my... hold her? -- she isn't going to let me do that. When I go towards their pen, Sweetpea runs TOWARDS me and before I even get to the side of the pen, she has run into one of the boxes.... my hand in the pen freaks her out horribly -- she starts flying all over the place and screaming... I don't think the breeder has anything to do with the birds. She paces constantly back & forth.
... Sweetpea looks perplexed by it all ... :confused:

I've only picked her up twice and it's traumatizing for us both! .. lol .. The only way to hold her is with a VERY firm grasp because she's an escape artist
That’s so sad. But, the one positive thing to come out of it is that Sweetpea has a companion when mommy’s not home. I had one silver female that was absolutely crazed around people and the other buttons as well. I ultimately housed her alone. She hid a lot. I felt so sad for her to be like that, but I would hold her anyway sometimes (she hated being held). And, that’s how she lived out her life unfortunately. 😞

That’s so sad. But, the one positive thing to come out of it is that Sweetpea has a companion when mommy’s not home. I had one silver female that was absolutely crazed around people and the other buttons as well. I ultimately housed her alone. She hid a lot. I felt so sad for her to be like that, but I would hold her anyway sometimes (she hated being held). And, that’s how she lived out her life unfortunately. 😞
I have a feeling this girl is going to be the same way - at least she snuggles with Sweetpea now though and I see him grooming her now & then (but she doesn't do anything for him..lazy broad) :D Perhaps she's exhausted from running away & pacing all the time.

I don't think she's too bright since she doesn't seem to clue into the fact that I have never eaten her boyfriend and he runs towards me .. but then, I can't say Sweetpea is all that intelligent himself otherwise he wouldn't be pecking & scratching a paper towel!

oh well.. I luvs him anyway even if he is a bit dense... haha

I have a feeling this girl is going to be the same way - at least she snuggles with Sweetpea now though and I see him grooming her now & then (but she doesn't do anything for him..lazy broad) :D Perhaps she's exhausted from running away & pacing all the time.

I don't think she's too bright since she doesn't seem to clue into the fact that I have never eaten her boyfriend and he runs towards me .. but then, I can't say Sweetpea is all that intelligent himself otherwise he wouldn't be pecking & scratching a paper towel!

oh well.. I luvs him anyway even if he is a bit dense... haha
That is PRECIOUS! ❤️ Sweetpeas videos!! My buttons like to scratch too…. especially when I fill their grit dishes. They fling it E V E R Y W H E R E!

That is PRECIOUS! ❤️ Sweetpeas videos!! My buttons like to scratch too…. especially when I fill their grit dishes. They fling it E V E R Y W H E R E!
LOL yeah Sweetpea is very aggressive in his oyster grit too. I think it's the male way - Quite rambunctious !

Sweetpea is happy to hear you think he's a STAR 🌟⭐ .. hehe.. here he is back in Dec 2021 when he was only 2 days old... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

LOL yeah Sweetpea is very aggressive in his oyster grit too. I think it's the male way - Quite rambunctious !

Sweetpea is happy to hear you think he's a STAR 🌟⭐ .. hehe.. here he is back in Dec 2021 when he was only 2 days old... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

It’s very hard to keep from cuddling them 24/7. I imagine if we button parents could, we definitely would ❤️

Back
Top Bottom