Do i need to worry?

I don't like powdered milk either. Try mixing half regular milk and half powder for a feeding or two and then go to straight milk. You mentioned a formula. This may be the one you are thinking about. In case you don't remember it, here it is. It was concocted by a Boer breeder for her bottle babies and kids, especially Boers and mini goats, do well on it. You take a gallon jug of store milk (whole, not 2%). Pour off about a quart. Add to the jug a cup of buttermilk and a can of evaporated (not sweetened condensed) milk. Shake it up and fill the jug back up with some of the milk you poured off. Or you can just feed plain store milk.
Okay I will do that!thank you for the information on how to switch her over!yea I used that recipe with my first bottle baby just couldn't remember what it was.she is so confusing,she eats good for morning and night feeding but doesn't want the afternoon feeding.she is only wanting to eat 8oz at a time too!

Okay I will do that!thank you for the information on how to switch her over!yea I used that recipe with my first bottle baby just couldn't remember what it was.she is so confusing,she eats good for morning and night feeding but doesn't want the afternoon feeding.she is only wanting to eat 8oz at a time too!
Maybe you are feeding her more than she needs or wants. I am not saying this is the best way to raise baby goats, but this is how I did it. My kids were fed twice a day and they got one 20 oz soda pop bottle full of milk each feeding. They also had access to hay grain and water before they were a couple weeks old. More frequent feedings would have been better but I was running a dairy and my time was limited. Vaccinate your kid with CD/T as soon as possible. That is for tetanus and entertoxemia. My ids got a CD/T shot within a day or so of birth and then one every three weeks until they were four months old. After that they got a yearly booster. This was necessary because I lived in an area where enterotoxemia was very common, probably because of the pH of the soil.

Back
Top Bottom