Do Rooster Chicks Develop More Quickly?

Peppercorngal

Crowing
6 Years
Feb 5, 2018
Feather Falls, CA
I bought some fertile eggs for my Blackie hen to obtain her dream, to be a Mama! 11 days ago she hatched out 4 chicks. (If you are wondering about the previous post I made about watery eggs candled at day 15, they didn't make it) One out of the 4 chicks is developing faster than the others. Wings more developed, little tail very obvious. It's not the biggest chick, that would be the orange face one. The smallest chick is the gray one which I was promised would be a lavender orpington. Opinions please?

2 chicks 11 days.jpg

yellow chick 11 days old.jpg
orange face chick 11 days.jpg

I bought some fertile eggs for my Blackie hen to obtain her dream, to be a Mama! 11 days ago she hatched out 4 chicks. (If you are wondering about the previous post I made about watery eggs candled at day 15, they didn't make it) One out of the 4 chicks is developing faster than the others. Wings more developed, little tail very obvious. It's not the biggest chick, that would be the orange face one. The smallest chick is the gray one which I was promised would be a lavender orpington. Opinions please?

View attachment 3585686

View attachment 3585687
View attachment 3585689
Yes, roos 5end to develop a little faster in the comb area.

Back
Top Bottom