Do ya think??

Hedgeland Farms

Crowing
May 5, 2022
Southern Illinois
Last night around 630-7pm I noticed one of my golden comets (17.5wks) sitting oddly outside in the run. Sitting butt way up (not squatting) so I stuck her in a nesting box with no protest...

I continued to check on her, and eventually decided to bring her in around 9pm and give her a soak and checked for an egg I didn't feel any....

She seemed alright, still holding her behind kinda funny when I stuck her in her bed for the night (cardboard box with blanket and a covering) she stayed in it all night, I checked on her at 3 and she was sleeping normally...

At 6 I brought her outside with everyone else and she's alert, walking fine, comb and wattles are a good red shes eating and running after the feed I toss on the ground (they also have buckets of feed)

Anyway, I went and checked the nesting boxes...I have a few that like to roost on them (I dont fight them, I just clean it each day lol)

In the box where I had my golden comet were TWO soft shell eggs..both broken...

Do ya think they were from my golden comet last night and my newbie behind didn't think to check the box?!?!

Or...do ya think they are from some other pullet throughout the night... (everyone was on the roosts last night, and this morning)

I wish I had a pic of how she was sitting...if it happens again I'll add a pic

Last edited:
She's a bit young to be laying I think. Give her one calcium citrate with D3 tablet once a day until you notice improvement of her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom