Does anyone sell duck eggs, if so, what tips do you have for someone wanting to sell duck eggs?

anonymous99

Songster
Jun 20, 2021
I’m thinking about selling duck eggs when my pekin hens start laying eggs. My aunt said that people where I live will pay handsomely for duck eggs. I plan to sell them for money for feed and hay and other stuff. It’s my first time selling eggs, especially duck eggs. How much could my duck eggs go for? I don’t wanna make them too expensive or too cheap, but I also wanna be able to make a decent amount of money selling them.

I’m thinking about selling duck eggs when my pekin hens start laying eggs. My aunt said that people where I live will pay handsomely for duck eggs. I plan to sell them for money for feed and hay and other stuff. It’s my first time selling eggs, especially duck eggs. How much could my duck eggs go for? I don’t wanna make them too expensive or too cheap, but I also wanna be able to make a decent amount of money selling them.
It depends on your area. I live rural, and I get very little for mine, like $2, because A lot of the people around me either don't want to spend more than that on a dozen eggs or they have their own birds. If I was closer to a larger city, I could get at least $5 for a dozen.

I am selling mine for $4/doz. I have a local person who LOVES duck eggs and is a repeat customer. Another that enjoys them (rarely) and takes 6 eggs/time. another is allergic to chicken eggs, buys occasionally.
I was Hoping for better clientele, but the consistent one keeps buying so I don't have too many extra.
Good luck - I am in rural SW Wisconsin

A lot depends on your area. I have people asking to buy my duck eggs, but I only offer table eggs when my hens are separated from my males so certain times of the year unless it's family. I keep my ducks very tidy, they have a minimum of 20sq ft per bird at night (sometimes more depending on pen) and spend their day foraging. People will pay more knowing that they're buying eggs from well kept, healthy and happy ducks living their best duck lives lol I don't ask for money, but anywhere from $5-$10 for a half dozen of table eggs is what I'm given. Something else to think about, but I have personally talked to people who have admitted to trying to hatch out table eggs from breeders especially those with rare breed assortments trying to get them at bottom dollar prices. Since I have a rare breed and have spent a lot of time and money putting together my flock and selectively breeding absolutely no fertile eggs leave my property. I also have my mixed breed layer project that I was working on and I don't want people trying to hatch those either.

A lot depends on your area. I have people asking to buy my duck eggs, but I only offer table eggs when my hens are separated from my males so certain times of the year unless it's family. I keep my ducks very tidy, they have a minimum of 20sq ft per bird at night (sometimes more depending on pen) and spend their day foraging. People will pay more knowing that they're buying eggs from well kept, healthy and happy ducks living their best duck lives lol I don't ask for money, but anywhere from $5-$10 for a half dozen of table eggs is what I'm given. Something else to think about, but I have personally talked to people who have admitted to trying to hatch out table eggs from breeders especially those with rare breed assortments trying to get them at bottom dollar prices. Since I have a rare breed and have spent a lot of time and money putting together my flock and selectively breeding absolutely no fertile eggs leave my property. I also have my mixed breed layer project that I was working on and I don't want people trying to hatch those either.
I like yr approach to maintaining yr breeding work. Only selling unfert eggs - Like a patent!

Wondering if you started selling eggs?
I was fortunate to find a customer who will buy all the ducks eggs I can supply her. $5 a dozen. Disappointing for her at this time of year, as they have stopped laying until spring. She is always happy to hear from me then.

Back
Top Bottom