does my chicken have gapeworm or a respiratory issue?

luckysamara199

Chirping
May 22, 2021
hello, I really wanted some feedback and information on my chicken drizzalls. He is 2 months old, a golden laced polish. I noticed I few days ago when he eats, he stretches out his neck and hisses and gasps for air. At first I thought he was just choking but it started happening constantly everytime he eats. And when I pick him up he stretches his neck out and gasps. I don’t know what to do I need help, it hurts seeing him like this:(

Could he be adjusting his crop content? Chickens raise their heads and open their mouths to move stuff around in the crop. It's seen more after they eat.

Possible heat? My chickens kind of pant in the heat - I’d think it would affect eating.

maybe just sneezing their poop looks normal it’s just white with brown other than that I don’t see any illnesses
How are they being kept? Chicks need good air circulation. At 8 weeks they should be outside? Make sure not to keep them too warm, or shut up too tight. Sneezing can be because of dust, which chickens produce a lot of.

they started living outside about 3 weeks ago. They live in a chicken coop that takes place in dirt. It has an upstairs which is where they sleep, I have a blanket as their bedding for now while I look for pine shavings.

Back
Top Bottom