Does this chick seem sick or distressed?!

ChickieMomaNEPA

Chirping
Sep 20, 2021
Hello!
Cinnamon queen chick appx 10days old is breathing heavy and won’t stand for long periods. She’ll drink and teat but seems to having a hard time with her legs (?). I made her drink some water and she’s trying to move around, seems tired but alert if that makes sense. Not sure what is wrong with her. Took a little video to help but seems I can’t post it. She’s the one laying down in the second pic.

I also noticed that her feathers are not coming in correctly, when compared to the others, her sheaths aren’t coming off. I think that’s the right term. Is that an indication of something??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ED9BCDB6-E35C-4B04-9255-791B3CBD13DB.jpeg
    ED9BCDB6-E35C-4B04-9255-791B3CBD13DB.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 8CFF6DEF-2EAE-4708-8882-17DD44E7C12C.jpeg
    8CFF6DEF-2EAE-4708-8882-17DD44E7C12C.jpeg
    512 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Get some super B complex (human ones-regular, not timed release) and give 1/4 a tablet daily. You can grind it up and mix it in a bit of moistened feed. See if that helps, vitamin deficiencies are not uncommon, and the B's are very safe to supplement.

What's her diet like? Does she have any injuries or parasites? Try giving her some egg water, electrolytes, vitamins, and some fruits or vegges... READ ME!
Hey! They’ve been on chick starter feed since I got them 4/30. Water with a little ACV. I gave them electrolytes in their water this morning and made an egg with yogurt earlier this morning. Thanks for sharing the article I’ll definitely check it out! Didn’t know they could have all those items at such an early age!

Get some super B complex (human ones-regular, not timed release) and give 1/4 a tablet daily. You can grind it up and mix it in a bit of moistened feed. See if that helps, vitamin deficiencies are not uncommon, and the B's are very safe to supplement.
What brand do you use? Can I use the b12 chicken supplement on chicks?

It doesn't matter what brand, if you can't find a super B complex , then just get a B complex. The one I currently have is capsules by Solgar that has 100mg of each B. Any pharmacy, Walmart, etc, should have something. You need to get one that has Thiamine (B1), and riboflaviin (B2) in it.

It doesn't matter what brand, if you can't find a super B complex , then just get a B complex. The one I currently have is capsules by Solgar that has 100mg of each B. Any pharmacy, Walmart, etc, should have something. You need to get one that has Thiamine (B1), and riboflaviin (B2) in it.
Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom