Dog still having "accidents" in the house

I have heard of dogs from puppy mills and pet shops that relieve themselves in their crates. It is an ingrained behavioral issue and I have never read anything on how to address it. What you can do now to save your floors and carpets is to get some doggy diapers. They help with pee but not with poop. My little dog Sammy had a stroke or something and for a while he had no control over his bowels or bladder. He couldn't walk either. It took a while but he is fine now.

I got his disposable diapers on amazon.com and there is quite a variety available. Some made for females are very cute. When Sammy was recovering I also got some non disposable washable diapers at PetSmart or Petco. The ones I got are bright red and you put a sanitary napkin inside to absorb the urine. Depending on the size of the dog, baby diapers might work too. If they will fit they will take care of both pee and poop. You will also need to get some sort of enzyme cleaner to remove all traces of waste. If she can smell it she will go again and again in that location.

To convince her that the diaper is not a punishment, you can give her a special treat like a small piece of hot dog right after you get it on.

I have heard of dogs from puppy mills and pet shops that relieve themselves in their crates. It is an ingrained behavioral issue and I have never read anything on how to address it. What you can do now to save your floors and carpets is to get some doggy diapers. They help with pee but not with poop. My little dog Sammy had a stroke or something and for a while he had no control over his bowels or bladder. He couldn't walk either. It took a while but he is fine now.

I got his disposable diapers on amazon.com and there is quite a variety available. Some made for females are very cute. When Sammy was recovering I also got some non disposable washable diapers at PetSmart or Petco. The ones I got are bright red and you put a sanitary napkin inside to absorb the urine. Depending on the size of the dog, baby diapers might work too. If they will fit they will take care of both pee and poop. You will also need to get some sort of enzyme cleaner to remove all traces of waste. If she can smell it she will go again and again in that location.

To convince her that the diaper is not a punishment, you can give her a special treat like a small piece of hot dog right after you get it on.
Is there a cleaner you can recommend? Ive been using Resolve and Lysol Nutra Air. I absorb as much of it as I can (if it's washable I use Tide) and then I hit it with Resolve and scrub the stain out. I hit it again with Nutra Air and let it air dry.

Is there a cleaner you can recommend? Ive been using Resolve and Lysol Nutra Air. I absorb as much of it as I can (if it's washable I use Tide) and then I hit it with Resolve and scrub the stain out. I hit it again with Nutra Air and let it air dry.
I just got off the phone from chewy.com. They have a product called Nature's Miracle. It breaks down dog urine, feces, vomit, and drool. It comes in a 32 oz hand held spray bottle, and is also available in 64 oz and gallon sizes.

I like doing business with Chewy. They offer excellent service and have a 24 hour help line if you have any questions about their products. I have called it more than once.

Hope this helps

I just got off the phone from chewy.com. They have a product called Nature's Miracle. It breaks down dog urine, feces, vomit, and drool. It comes in a 32 oz hand held spray bottle, and is also available in 64 oz and gallon sizes.

I like doing business with Chewy. They offer excellent service and have a 24 hour help line if you have any questions about their products. I have called it more than once.

Hope this helps
Ok I think my local pet shop might sell that too. I'll check it out next time I'm there. Thanks!

Hope this helps
I agree, Chewy is a great place.

Back
Top Bottom