Doing some research before taking the plunge!

So now I have another question!
If I have a group of peacocks free ranging will they get along ok? No fighting and rivalries to worry about?

Also, I found a farm in MN that does much better on the prices than Leggs. :) I can even go pick them up and save on the shipping ... and waiting. :)

I have horses and peafowl on the same property. So far, my peas haven't shown any interest in the horses, but I would worry if they did as a couple of the colts might chase them.

Thanks! I will have to keep that in mindif we get some younger horses for the kids as they get older. We currently only have my guys older ladies. They're around 18 now I think. :)

Thanks! I will have to keep that in mindif we get some younger horses for the kids as they get older. We currently only have my guys older ladies. They're around 18 now I think.
smile.png
Lol, they should be fine.

Also, I found a farm in MN that does much better on the prices than Leggs.
smile.png
I can even go pick them up and save on the shipping ... and waiting.
smile.png
I was using Legg's as an example LOL. That is the first name that "pops" in my head cause most do not list the prices online and he does
wink.png
I only know a little about free ranging that was told to me. I have way too many predators around so I will not do it. I do know if the hens are penned the males will stay. Sometimes the hens can free range with them and they will stay too. But only males free ranging with no hens will result in the males leaving when breeding season starts. It is a natural drive to find a hen and reproduce. Good luck with it and please before you do take the chance to free range please search that subject on here and read what other who have done it say about it.

I still have tons of time before I will be bringing any chicks home!i will be doing a lot more research by then, lol. I want to b well prepared and have everything ready when I get chick home :)

b should read be. I don't use text speak. Lol.
So I don't have to worry about the boys fighting amongst themselves if only buys are allowed loose?

Back
Top Bottom