Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know this a word....yet.

What about if you want to build muscle?
Autophagy is just cellular cleanup, your body breaks down all the junk cells (possible precancerous mutations, etc...) because it doesn't have to focus on digestion, this is the benefit of extended fasting or combining light exercise with intermittent fasting.

If your goal is muscle you just do your workouts during your eating window so you have the energy to lift heavy.

Autophagy is just cellular cleanup, your body breaks down all the junk cells (possible precancerous mutations, etc...) because it doesn't have to focus on digestion, this is the benefit of extended fasting or combining light exercise with intermittent fasting.

If your goal is muscle you just do your workouts during your eating window so you have the energy to lift heavy.
Are you one of those nutters that only drink water for like 5 days straight and not eat?

One of my real life friends is a one of these nutters.

Are you one of those nutters that only drink water for like 5 days straight and not eat?

No that's an eating disorder. I usually do 12-14 hours, stop eating early in the evening and then wait to eat after I have had my coffee (I do drink it black like a psychopath though 😁) and do my morning chores. Some days I'm just not hungry so I don't eat until I am, you really learn to tune into your body's signals, so many times we feel "hunger" pangs and it's just dehydration. Your body uses the same signal for hunger and thirst, once your thirsty in an obvious way you're already dehydrated.

If you keep it under 40 calories it usually doesn't break your fast. You can tell if it does, you get hungry real quick! A splash of full fat cream is the cheater way to not break your fast lol. In the end it's about what your goal is, weight loss you have more wiggle room, but if you want autophagy you can't cheat at all.
What if I use a little sugar too?
I use 2% milk.
I can live without the sugar but...I like a little.
You need to drink a ton of water during a fast, and the real key is timing. Stop eating as early as possible in the evening to be sure your food is fully digested, and then wait as long as your comfortable in the morning. For instance you eat dinner at 7:30pm, even if you eat at 7:30am you've fasted 12 hours and given your body a chance to drop your insulin levels. You can extend the benefits by eating something like a veggie and egg scramble and skip the sugar in your coffee (if you drink it). It's not about not eating, it's all about timing your eating, and eating well during your eating window.
If your diabetic already though...I don't see this working. My mother would absolutely be batshit crazy if she tried to fast.

Intermittent fasting is not about starving yourself. At all.
When you first start doing it of course you're going to feel a little hunger.
Learning that hunger pains do pass though and I could train myself to not HAVE to have something to eat every couple hours really helped me start losing.

What if I use a little sugar too?
I use 2% milk.
I can live without the sugar but...I like a little.

If your diabetic already though...I don't see this working. My mother would absolutely be batshit crazy if she tried to fast.

Intermittent fasting is not about starving yourself. At all.
When you first start doing it of course you're going to feel a little hunger.
Learning that hunger pains do pass though and I could train myself to not HAVE to have something to eat every couple hours really helped me start losing.
A diabetic needs to be monitored very closely while trying fasting, and should start off slowly and monitor thier blood sugar closely. Having insulin resistance precedes prediabetes and diabetes. A better approach for diabetes is a low carbohydrate diet that focuses on whole foods and keeping blood sugar stable. I'm not going to lie, once you're diabetic it's much more difficult to lose weight, especially if your on insulin injections.

2% milk is high in lactose and sugar will definitely break your fast. What fasting (and keto) are doing is adapting the body to use fat for fuel.

If you're drinking a ton of water you usually don't suffer much from hunger pains, and you really should start off slowly with a 12:12 or 12:13 and gradually increase. Too many people try to go straight into 16:8 that's considered "intermediate" level fasting. I probably only do 16:8 2 times a week on average. I use the fastic app to keep track, but there's tons of different apps out there.

A diabetic needs to be monitored very closely while trying fasting, and should start off slowly and monitor thier blood sugar closely. Having insulin resistance precedes prediabetes and diabetes. A better approach for diabetes is a low carbohydrate diet that focuses on whole foods and keeping blood sugar stable. I'm not going to lie, once you're diabetic it's much more difficult to lose weight, especially if your on insulin injections.

2% milk is high in lactose and sugar will definitely break your fast. What fasting (and keto) are doing is adapting the body to use fat for fuel.

If you're drinking a ton of water you usually don't suffer much from hunger pains, and you really should start off slowly with a 12:12 or 12:13 and gradually increase. Too many people try to go straight into 16:8 that's considered "intermediate" level fasting. I probably only do 16:8 2 times a week on average. I use the fastic app to keep track, but there's tons of different apps out there.
Well I guess I cannot technically say that I fast then.
I switched from french vanilla coffee creamer to milk. I'd like to get to the point I can just drink it black but I ain't there yet. I gots a sweet tooth.

I still believe even not doing it correctly that it's helped me though. I used to feel sick if I didn't eat something within a few hours of being awake. I don't have that problem any more.
Of course that could just be more to do with changing what I choose to eat and excrecising more.

I switched from french vanilla coffee creamer to milk. I'd like to get to the point I can just drink it black but I ain't there yet. I gots a sweet tooth.
I totally understand, it takes a long time to kick the sugar! I used to drink it with a ton of cream and sugar. I think it took me over a year to get over my sweets addiction, I had a serious Oreo problem, I still can't have them in the house at all it's definitely a trigger food for me. Adding cinnamon and a pinch of salt to the grounds and making your coffee weaker make it easier to add less cream or milk. Whole milk is a better option, when they remove the fat it concentrates the sugar content and throws of the balance. Whipping cream is ideal if you need cream, and just a pinch works to cut the bitterness.

All that said, every little habit we change will have an impact. Especially getting in your 5-7 servings of vegetables! If you focus on building every meal around vegetables it's easier, these days I think of meat as a side and not a main. But, it's taken me years to get to that mindset and this is the focus of my career, so I'm probably a bit more motivated to learn about the subject. And I'm not a thin gal, I am still holding a good thirty extra pounds from my last pregnancy (and general over indulgences). I used to work as a hair stylist and then I managed a beauty supply store, and I was so stressed out all the time and food was my refuge. I have always been active, but I gained about 60lbs in about 10 years. It's taken 4 years to lose half of that and I had two kids in that timeframe too. I think we get caught up on doing things quickly, but it took ten years to put on all that weight. I'm trying to shed the rest before I hit 40, I have two more years 😂

I totally understand, it takes a long time to kick the sugar! I used to drink it with a ton of cream and sugar. I think it took me over a year to get over my sweets addiction, I had a serious Oreo problem, I still can't have them in the house at all it's definitely a trigger food for me. Adding cinnamon and a pinch of salt to the grounds and making your coffee weaker make it easier to add less cream or milk. Whole milk is a better option, when they remove the fat it concentrates the sugar content and throws of the balance. Whipping cream is ideal if you need cream, and just a pinch works to cut the bitterness.

All that said, every little habit we change will have an impact. Especially getting in your 5-7 servings of vegetables! If you focus on building every meal around vegetables it's easier, these days I think of meat as a side and not a main. But, it's taken me years to get to that mindset and this is the focus of my career, so I'm probably a bit more motivated to learn about the subject. And I'm not a thin gal, I am still holding a good thirty extra pounds from my last pregnancy (and general over indulgences). I used to work as a hair stylist and then I managed a beauty supply store, and I was so stressed out all the time and food was my refuge. I have always been active, but I gained about 60lbs in about 10 years. It's taken 4 years to lose half of that and I had two kids in that timeframe too. I think we get caught up on doing things quickly, but it took ten years to put on all that weight. I'm trying to shed the rest before I hit 40, I have two more years 😂
Freakin Oreos.
And zebra cakes.
Why they gotta be so damn good.

I find sweeteners in my coffee disgusting and I like sweet stuff. I drink one cup of coffee a day and it does not get any sweetener or milk/creamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom