Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may ask a chicken question since I’m still experiencing firsts in my flock and would love to get your opinions….I have 9 total birds, 5 hens that are coming up on 18 mos and my new littles that just reached 18 weeks. I am feeding everyone flock raiser with oyster shell on the side.

I’m reading that protein needs increase during molting season which my original fab 5 will be experiencing this fall and my littles are starting to lay.

can I keep them on flock raiser after molt is over? Many others have suggested that is what they do. Thoughts?

If I may ask a chicken question since I’m still experiencing firsts in my flock and would love to get your opinions….I have 9 total birds, 5 hens that are coming up on 18 mos and my new littles that just reached 18 weeks. I am feeding everyone flock raiser with oyster shell on the side.

I’m reading that protein needs increase during molting season which my original fab 5 will be experiencing this fall and my littles are starting to lay.

can I keep them on flock raiser after molt is over? Many others have suggested that is what they do. Thoughts?
You can. There are as many ways to keep chickens as there are people keeping chickens. Back when dinosaurs were walking the earth and I had my first chickens, they started on chick starter, moved to a grower feed (it wasn't combined), and then to laying feed. I've always fed my birds layer feed. Now they get a starter/grower combo and then go to laying pellets. Sometimes they get all-stock, but not super often. Grit and Oyster shell are available to them all the time.

Easy now. You're only like 11 months older than me. 😅
constitution GIF

I...what? I'm having trouble with this idea that our culture wants to make men the bad guys. What culture? And remembering a fun rule from couples therapy, don't use absolutes, such as always, never, or all. No culture tries to make all men look like the bad guys. Except for maybe the mythical Amazons of Greek imagination. Secondly, wants to make them look weak. How exactly? I guess I just need it spelled out.
I don't want to get into the deets and politics of this subject, my personal opinion is not a popular one😂.

To sum it up though, I'm just tired of seeing women (not all of them mind you) go out of their way to put a guy down. It's something I see all the time, I really just hate it. I think in general we don't treat people with enough respect nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom