Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may ask a chicken question since I’m still experiencing firsts in my flock and would love to get your opinions….I have 9 total birds, 5 hens that are coming up on 18 mos and my new littles that just reached 18 weeks. I am feeding everyone flock raiser with oyster shell on the side.

I’m reading that protein needs increase during molting season which my original fab 5 will be experiencing this fall and my littles are starting to lay.

can I keep them on flock raiser after molt is over? Many others have suggested that is what they do. Thoughts?
What percent protein is your flock feed?

I am one of those nutters that do not like all flock type feeds for laying hens...at all.
I prefer to feed laying birds layer crumble or layer pellets.

Yes you can keep them on the flock raiser.

I am one of those nutters that do not like all flock type feeds for laying hens...at all.
I prefer to feed laying birds layer crumble or layer pellets.
Same, I like my hens to get what they need while they're laying so that I don't deal with egg binding or shelless eggs. I've had one egg bound hen (old old girl) and like four shelless eggs out of many many many chickens.

Started with quite a bit if stretching (for me anyway 😁).

Today's circuit 15 rounds 1 min work 20 sec rest, 3 rounds of each:
80 double unders
1 min abs
1 min bag
Bench @ 135 20 reps, then 15, then 14
1 min squats with 30 lb dumbbell on each shoulder

Did a bit of cool down and called it a day. Have to get ready to go to friends for dinner. Not a monumental effort, but it's something.
I stopped by a real gym today.

There is no way in the world I'm getting a membership anytime soon or if ever.
There were no normal looking people in there working out.
Every last one of them was pure muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom