Double layer

Byrd gal

Songster
Dec 31, 2020
Sw ohio
My 2yr old cracker a isa brown was fluffed up in 90 degree heat. I brought her in and she seemed to be egg bound. I put her in a bath and as I was drying her an egg popped out. Tonight I went out and she still was standing alone. I put her in the run and out came another soft shell egg.. Now what?. Do I bring her in? Should she have a supplement? She has purina egg layer egg shells oyster shells and every sunday a bit of scrambled eggs and blueberries. Advice please

My 2yr old cracker a isa brown was fluffed up in 90 degree heat. I brought her in and she seemed to be egg bound. I put her in a bath and as I was drying her an egg popped out. Tonight I went out and she still was standing alone. I put her in the run and out came another soft shell egg.. Now what?. Do I bring her in? Should she have a supplement? She has purina egg layer egg shells oyster shells and every sunday a bit of scrambled eggs and blueberries. Advice please
Unfortunately, these high production hybrid breeds are short lived because of the number of eggs they are designed to crank out each year. I don't think there is much you can do to stop multiple ovulation.
There is an implant that can stop ovulation completely called Suprelorin but finding an avian vet that can give it to her can be tough and it has to repeated every 4 to 8 months as it wears off. Good luck with her.

Back
Top Bottom