Doves and Chickens

eliselb

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2021
I have 8 chickens (3 are only 2 months old) in a 13 x 5 foot coop. The inside part of the coop where they sleep is on one side, and is 5 ft x 4 feet with the run continuing on under it. it's 7 feet tall sloping to 8 feet tall. I tried to attach a photo here but it doesn't seem possible to do that.

I am buying 2 pair of ringneck doves for my coop. One thing I was thinking of doing is to attached a 9 foot plank along the top of the run, 1 foot below the ceiling. It would give them a place to hang out and I could attach 3 baskets for nests. But I worry about them being ground eaters and being harassed by the chickens. Could I put food for them on a hanging tray that they could eat off of?

Another idea is that when I'm standing inside the coop, the wall that the forms the sleeping part of the coop has a 3 foot x 3 foot vertical space that I could attach a dog cage or the like (covered with hardware cloth on the outside) for them to stay in all the time. It's so small though... I can't figure out how it would all work.

Any ideas or photos are welcome. If you can tell me how to upload a couple photos, I would appreciate it.

Hello! You can attach pictures by clicking on the “attach photos” and then photo library. It should take you to your stored photos. Then select the ones you want and click “add”. To make them full sized click “insert” and then “full image”on the thumbnail that was added to your post.

I am also in search of advice so not much help with actual question. Hopefully someone will be here to help us soon!

IMG_6776.jpeg
IMG_6777.jpeg
IMG_6778.jpeg
IMG_6779.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom