Drake or hen?

JaredandLauren

Chirping
Aug 30, 2020
I have six ducks and one is clearly female and was sold as such and the other five were straight run. They are about 14 ish weeks old and none of them have a curled tailed feather but they also don’t quack and scream like the one that is a known female. Should it be obvious by now if they are males or females?

theses are 5 weeks old and I was wondering if they were male or female. They are Muscovy ducklings

Attachments​

• Ducks with numbers.jpg

Last edited:
These are my 4 ducklings I was wondering if anyone could tell me which ones are females and males. I would greatly appreciate any info about them.. They are 3 months old now I can't believe they have grown so much in so little time...

Attachments

• 3 months.jpeg
    3 months.jpeg
    990.6 KB · Views: 10
  • good.jpeg
    good.jpeg
    799 KB · Views: 10
So your biggest enemy here is that muscovy don't quack. Period. Male or female. THe pictures you uploaded need to be at their level and an overview of them together. THe main difference in muscovy are the sizes and the carunkling. (the red stuff on the nose) so new pictures is daylight hours would be best.

Good luck! You've got a handsome crew there.

These are about as close as i can get to them without them running off​

• A1.jpeg
    A1.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 1
  • B2.jpeg
    B2.jpeg
    714 KB · Views: 1
  • D1.jpeg
big .jpeg
They are still a little young and not the best pics, but the 2 middle are looking like males. The 1st pic and the last one could be females. However, in the last one it looks male the way its standing,
They will start making hissing/huffing sounds soon if male.
Are any of these bigger than they others? Stocky legs, big clown feet, a more blocky head, and a longer body are indicators of male muscovy. You can notice these differences before the sounds and caruncles become obvious.

Back
Top Bottom