Duck coop under chicken coop...

Goldsfam743

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2017
So when we built our chicken coop we planned on only having chickens. But we've acquired ducks too. Our coop is built up about 3 feet off the ground which is great for cleaning and collecting eggs for adults. (Kids have a harder time but that's another thing altogether.) Our ducks never go in the coop on their own, we pick them up and put them in every night. We are thinking about building a coop for the ducks under the current coop.
My question is, will the chickens still use the top chicken coop it will they start using the one on the ground too?

So when we built our chicken coop we planned on only having chickens. But we've acquired ducks too. Our coop is built up about 3 feet off the ground which is great for cleaning and collecting eggs for adults. (Kids have a harder time but that's another thing altogether.) Our ducks never go in the coop on their own, we pick them up and put them in every night. We are thinking about building a coop for the ducks under the current coop.
My question is, will the chickens still use the top chicken coop it will they start using the one on the ground too?
They'll probably go where they're used to going; mine do

Back
Top Bottom