Duck Diapers

Brickman House

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Never thought I'd be asking THIS question, but does anyone have a link to a decent pattern/photo/instructions on how to make a duck diaper?

Looks like we will have a house duck for 5 or 6 weeks, and I'd like to be able to let her out of her Rubbermaid box without having to follow her around with a roll of paper towels?

I found the Mother Goose site, but the photos of her duck harnesses don't really show the details, and I'd prefer not to spend $30 + shipping for what will be a temporary situation.

So does anyone have any info on how I can fashion a diaper for my girl, so she doesn't have to live in a Rubbermaid tub for a month and a half?

Thanks, all!

duck diapers are hard to make even if you know how. I've made tons for my ducks (who wear them every day) and it takes at least an hour and a half for me (and i know exactly what i'm doing). The fabric they are made out of and the buckels/loops/fasteners are kinda expensive, usualy costing about 10-15 dollars. I have a pattern but i do not give it out since i copied one of mothergoose's, and frankly, it's her family's livelyhood. I have 4 indoor ducks so i make my own becuase it does get too expensive.

If it's just temporary, you can try to put a baby diaper on her, maybe a size 3 or 4 depending on what kind of duck she is. It might fall off, but at least it'll help keep most of the poop off the floor.

If you read about a rubber band baggie method, DON'T do it! The rubber band can often cut off blood flow, and can wreak havoc, esp in laying females... i highly discourage this type of diapering.

Thanks for the info!

I definitely won't try to craft a full blown harness if they're that complicated and expensive-- way too much time and money during a very busy time of year for us when money's got to go towards other things.

The baby diaper looks like something workable-- has anyone tried this? Any ideas or tips for fitting it on her?

I am intrested in open toed duck shoes. I saw on your web site you only had 2 shoes in size small. I have a welsh harlequin and she needs a medium. Woud it be possible to get shoes in some dark shade of blue, somehing easy to look clean. Thank you. Adair Kelly

I am intrested in open toed duck shoes. I saw on your web site you only had 2 shoes in size small. I have a welsh harlequin and she needs a medium. Woud it be possible to get shoes in some dark shade of blue, somehing easy to look clean. Thank you. Adair Kelly
Nettie seldom comes in anymore but you can contact her here. http://www.etsy.com/shop/PartyFowl
And
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom