Duck egg, strange spots - but moving!

Ducklala

Chirping
Jun 14, 2022
Hey all. I've read in multiple places on here about when an egg turns bad. I have to look for some black spots and blood rings and all. I have this one egg (duck egg) that has some strange black spots - very unlike the others, and I thought immediately it was a quitter until I saw it moving in the egg STILL!

Here's an image of Day 19. Reminder, they are duck eggs. They'll hatch on Day 28.

Super intense spots, I'd probably consider it a bad egg if it weren't for the moving embryo inside.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220614_180827.jpg
    20220614_180827.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 78
It didn't exactly look like what you're showing here, but one of my duck eggs had a small black dot floating around inside. I don't have too much experience with hatching ducks, so I don't know much about bad eggs, but my egg with the small black dot hatched fine. Hopefully someone more experienced can help as well.

Here is another thread I found about bad egg pictures that may help: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...res-of-bad-eggs-during-candling.313768/page-2

Last edited:
Hey all. I've read in multiple places on here about when an egg turns bad. I have to look for some black spots and blood rings and all. I have this one egg (duck egg) that has some strange black spots - very unlike the others, and I thought immediately it was a quitter until I saw it moving in the egg STILL!

Here's an image of Day 19. Reminder, they are duck eggs. They'll hatch on Day 28.

Super intense spots, I'd probably consider it a bad egg if it weren't for the moving embryo inside.

Thanks.
UPDATE: spots are gone and ducky seems good! It's moving like the others. 5 days until hatch!

Welcome to the world 🙌🏼🐣 - we had a 100% hatch rate!!...They're mine until they are old enough to go back to the free range farm ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_20220625_101437.jpg
    IMG_20220625_101437.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41

Back
Top Bottom