Duck food

Jubair9080

Chirping
Sep 18, 2020
Is it safe to feed ducks shredded chicken and beef, im out of food and duck food wont come in until Saturday, plus theres a niacin deficiency in 1 of the ducks so I want to treat it as soon as possible, but dont have the proper food yet.

I've never considered feeding them shredded meat, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice.

Do your ducks free range at all? Mine are crazy to get out in the morning (all runner ducks) and forage for nightcrawlers and anything thing else they can find in the grass. If they don't free range, maybe you can dig up some worms for them?

As far as niacin, frozen peas are a good source; I have successfully raised ducklings on all-flock feed and peas with no niacin supplements. I would think that if you give your ducks veggies for a couple of days until the duck food comes in, they will be okay.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it is when you have limited options and can't get the feed you need/want.

I've never considered feeding them shredded meat, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice.

Do your ducks free range at all? Mine are crazy to get out in the morning (all runner ducks) and forage for nightcrawlers and anything thing else they can find in the grass. If they don't free range, maybe you can dig up some worms for them?

As far as niacin, frozen peas are a good source; I have successfully raised ducklings on all-flock feed and peas with no niacin supplements. I would think that if you give your ducks veggies for a couple of days until the duck food comes in, they will be okay.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it is when you have limited options and can't get the feed you need/want.
Thanks, yh my ducks free range all day then r locked up at night.

Back
Top Bottom