Duck unable to walk- acting drunk

I use powdered brewers yeast in feed daily. For oral B (plus e) you can get infant Poly-Vi-Sol *WITHOUT* iron.
OK I can pick that up at the pharmacy. I gave my ducklings Brewers yeast for their first eight weeks when they were in the brooder. But it was pretty expensive. I think it was $30 for a small bag. I think it was from pampered chicken mama. Can you recommend another product with the right levels of niacin that may not be as pricey? I don’t want to sound cheap but I’ve spent a lot more money on these ducks than anticipated so just trying to keep costs low while providing good health.

Go to TSC and get Durvet Liquid B complex. great stuff and we have seen recoveries from niacin deficiency. It will say injectable but just pull out 1 ml and give it to him over something he really likes so he gets full dose. Give this daily until you see full recovery.
When I had to spray out my coop because of mites I bought Neem oil and mixed 2 tablespoons to a 1gal sprayer using warm water since it's an oil it mixes better with very warm water. Took everything out of the coop and sprayed top to bottom after it dried replaced fresh pine shaving I used Epernix on the chickens.
I just went back and reread your reply made me think of a friend who lives in MI saying she had lice on her when she went in to clean. Come to find out the straw was bringing them in. Unless she has found out since then it wasn't.
@onaharley Hopefully she'll see this tag.

Last edited:
OK I can pick that up at the pharmacy. I gave my ducklings Brewers yeast for their first eight weeks when they were in the brooder. But it was pretty expensive. I think it was $30 for a small bag. I think it was from pampered chicken mama. Can you recommend another product with the right levels of niacin that may not be as pricey? I don’t want to sound cheap but I’ve spent a lot more money on these ducks than anticipated so just trying to keep costs low while providing good health.
I buy Josh's Frogs brand on Amazon. Cheapest per oz, it goes a long way

Just writing to follow up this thread. It’s now been 6 months and our drake has had no drunken episodes. We believe he was having a reaction to the permethrin spray we used to treat mites. He was the youngest (only about 10 weeks) while everyone else were adults. In the future I won’t use something so potent with littles around!

Back
Top Bottom