duckling ate a a tiny piece of cotton candy insulation

minsin56

Chirping
Oct 2, 2019
texas
one of my ducklings ate a tiny piece of the cotton candy insulation about the size of her beak, is she gonna be ok? and is there i way i can help her if she isnt?

In my experience, ducks swallow all kinds of things they shouldn't but (so far and knock on wood) it always comes out in the end. I've even found .22 shells in their poop.
Not sure how small your duckling is, but hopefully it will process through her body quickly and do no harm.

Ducklings eating insulation is not all that uncommon. Luckily, in most cases, the ducklings turn out fine. Just monitor her behavior, and feces for the next day or two.

Ducks & chooks really are tiny soldiers. Before we moved to our home we’re in now, somehow the storm door (glass door) slammed against the porch railing & shattered the glass from the porch, to 10 feet away along side the house. I’ve been digging & picking up tiny shards of glass for weeks now, sometimes I won’t get to one of the chickens in time before they find a tiny piece of glass I’ve missed & swallow it. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom